Service including installed OS version of monitored host?

Hi community,

is there any standard approach out of the box to get a service telling me which OS version (say for Windows and Linux) is installed on the monitored host?

• The checkmk Windows / Linux agent just includes „OS: <windows|linux>“ in its status detail.
  • The SW/HW Inventory might help – but how can I derive a single service with this information out of those huge amounts of entries delivered by the inventory?

THX for any advice!

There is a view named “CPU Related Inventory of all Hosts” which shows the operating system etc.

To display additional or other information from the HW/SW-Inventory you need to create your own view.

4 Likes

Thanks for this information - hadn’t been aware of that view yet. :+1:
Hm, but (at least) in my case more than 90% of entries in the columns (Operating System, CPUs etc.) are empty… :confused:

Then you need to deploy the HW/SW-Inventory agent plugin and configure the “Do hardware/software inventory” ruleset.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.