Service port interface errors goes rogue

Hi,
I have a few devices that allways give a lot of errors … normaly i speficy error on 100 and 101% in order to ignore these errors and not receiving e-mails.
Problem: i am still receiving these errors for those ports … so i thought just to not monitor those two ports and the strange thing is that even when the ports are not monitored on the switch i am still getting error mails about those ports in my mail ??
“Check_MK: SWKAST6-PORTATO/Interface 000047 CRIT -> OK” and so on
so to make it clear:
when i go to the switch and look at the monitored interfaces those two port 46 and 47 are not in the list but i am still receiving the errors by e-mail… ?
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

you can disable the notifications for specific services globally. Try my advice from this post:

https://forum.checkmk.com/t/monitoring-a-host-without-generating-hard-alarms/18795/2/

Regards

Anastasios

Can you post a small screenshot? The port in your mail has the name “SWKAST6-PORTATO/Interface 000047”. You are sure that there is no service with this name?

The problematic interfaces are not there anymore as you can see … But it is still jamming me with error so somewhere an old value is not updating … for that service.

I

above you see the error level rates that works perfect on the switch for the others ports and also for ports on other switches and port 46 and 47 were in there but kept ketting errors so i disabled monitoring those 2 ports (was out of ideas) but i still keep ketting errors for those two ports …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.