Services CHECK_MK Discovery missing

Hi,
I did a new installation of CMK raw 1.6.0.p19. Hosts uses SNMP, inherited by folder property. A periodic service discovery rule is set for SNMP devices (default).
I can scan and detect services manually, but there is no service called “CHECK_MK Discovery” itself, who does this automatically every 2h, like the rule says.
Even if I create a specific rule for a particular host, I don’t get the service on this host.
I have some hosts with CMK agent too - same here, no Discovery service, though the rule for it exists.

Maybe I miss a little detail, but I couldn’t find it.

Thank you!

Best regards
oli

Hi,

I’m not sure about SNMP, I believe check_mk discovery is part of the agent. But someone correct me if I’m wrong.

As for the hosts with the agent, are you referring to the fact that you don’t see Discovery in the WATO configuration? That’s correct, it won’t show up there. But it’s still there in the background. You see if it works by creating a new service on the client that should be picked up by discovery. If you’re on Linux, for example, mount something over NFS or create a tempoary filesystem. In no time you should get a warning from Check_MK Discovery.

Louis

Maybe this might help: The Official Guide: Monitoring via SNMP - The service configuration

I cannot see the specific service called “CHECK_MK Discovery”, which will check every 2h for new or changed services, under the services of the hosts. The only service there for new hosts is PING. When I go into WATO, Services of the host, all the services were found and I can activate them. But the service for Discovery is still missing.
It is not only for SNMP devices, also for devices with Check_MK agent configured.

In our produktive system I see this service and it works - see here in the screenshot:

This Check_MK Discovery service right after the Check_MK service is missing in my new installation.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.