Services going Stale

Hello,

i have multiple Services, which is going stale sometimes.

Is this a normal behaviour?

Load is not too high.

Kind regards
Flo

Hi @Flolo,
“Is this a normal behaviour?”: Depends. Some types of checks have a tendency to go stale, for example snmp checks on slow devices or also the check via vSphere special agent.
Which services go stale in your environment? This information would help a lot :wink:

Do you use the RAW or Enterprise edition?
If it is the RAW edition it is very common that after activating a configuration some services are stale.
The Nagios core inside the RAW edition needs up to 15-20 minutes to reschedule all the checks.

Its the enterprise Edition.
Most of the time it`s the Exchange Server.

I have the normal Windows Agent and MS Exchange Database Latency Plugin installed.

Other times it`s the 3par. I think on this the problem is the slow 3par Agent…

I had similar problems on my site when got 5k stale services and my load was low. I increased number of checkers and fetchers in global settings and it did it.

How many checkers and fetchers do you have?

msedge_ZbckBV4xz5
That`s my checkers and fetchers settings

well i have 25+k services and
maybe it is too high number but rather be sure all is good. I had 40 fethers before but during backup by Veeam software my site got big load so i increased to 120

Thank you. I will try it out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.