Services in a cluster (Isilon) - Not able to get it

CMK version: 2.0.0p15 (CEE)
OS version: Linux (Isilon)

Hi,

I created a cluster host, and did a service scan for each node, after that I did a service scan for the cluster and this is the output:

Also created the rule for Clustered services but they were not working before I did a full service scan on each node
Those are the services I put it:

So each node has information on the services of the first picture, how can I retrieve that information in a single host?
This is an Isilon

Hi @PedroPereira,

you only can put services on your cluster which are designed to function on a cluster. Only services are existing on the other node after a failover should be put on the cluster host, anything else is specific to the physical host (especially the hardware). I can’t imagine a physical disk bay would walk from one host to another on it’s own :slight_smile:

Thanks for answer!

Where can I find those cluster services, how to know which ones are available?

This isn’t that easy i guess :slight_smile:
Never thought about where to find the cluster aware services, just experience.
From looking at the check description i would say, none of the Isilon checks are cluster ready, because they are all SNMP based.

You should tell the cluster logic to do a service migration to the other node. After that you will see which monitored services are vanished on the first node and are newly discovered on the second node. These services then need to be assigned to the cluster host.

1 Like

In my environment I have “Nodes” (emc_isilon_nodes) and “Cluster Health” (emc_isilon_clusterhealth) as Clustered Services. Those 2 change state on every node, when something goes bad on any of the single nodes.

Hi there,

I have an Isilon with 4 nodes

So the way it works is, if a node goes down, everything should go down too?

If a node goes down, the host status of the node that goes down will be DOWN (obviously).

As for the Cluster Host, I would use “No IP” in the “IP address family” settings, so that the (virtual) Cluster Host will always be shown as UP.

The status of the clustered Service “Nodes” will go to CRIT (showing which node is down) and global “Cluster Health” Service will also go to CRIT, if a node is down.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.