Several checks always going stale

I’m noticing that several checks are always going stale. Both active checks and piggyback:

Active:
DiskIO SUMMARY
Web Service

Piggyback:
Veeam Client
Nutanix
ESX

The one thing I’ve been able to see as common for these checks is that all of them is that the time of the next scheduled service check is always some time in the past. I do not have this issue for any other check.

I currently run 1.6.0p10 in a distributed monitoring setup (one master with two slaves and one of the two slaves is in a different timezone than the other slave and the master both of which are in the same time zone).

There seems to be an issue with 1.6.0p10 and service checks with larger check intervals going stale. We have seen that after upgrading last week and are currently in contact with the developers.
Downgrade to 1.6.0p9 as a workaround.

1 Like

I did downgrade and noticed an improvement but I do still see issues with these two kinds of checks:

check_mk-wmi_webservices
check_mk-winperf_phydisk

Occasionally, I do still see some of the piggyback data showing as stale but not to the degree it was showing up before.

Both of these seem to have their next service checks sometime in the past. It’s the only common thing I can see among these stale services at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.