Show host status for users who are only service contacts

Hi,
Version:CheckMK Enterprise 2.1

We use a strict permission where only services are visible if you are a contact to those services. This means that no users will the any hosts as they are only service contacts (not host contacts)

This means all Dashboards will show 0 hosts, but they can see all services, including Check_MK* PING* etc.

Is there a way to allow them to use the hosts views etc to see the host so the Dashboards don’t snow 0 hosts?

Thanks

1 Like

From the top of my mind: No.

If you have such strict security requirements, this is probably all you will get.
But maybe someone else has ideas here.

I’d agree, livestatus won’t let you count the hosts when you’re not allowed to see them.
Maybe a hacky workaround: give the users permissions to the Checkmk hosts own “Site statistics” service, and then change the dashboard to use the perfdata from that service in widgets instead of trying to count the hosts.

Hi,
Thanks.
The only way, I guess to modify a build-in “plugin” would be to modify the source code, and I don’t really want that :frowning:

What I have done is enabled PING as a separate service, and assigned that to user contacts, this will show if the host is up or down, and created a Service State plugin for it, but I’d like the octagon in 2.x - But I don’t think that’s possible

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.