SNMP walk works, but nothing is visible in services

Hi,

I’m using Checkmk in Docker (checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.0.0-latest) and there’s an issue with one host and SNMP:
When I click on ‘hamburger’ menu icon for that host and then ‘Download SNMP walk’ I get all the data, but when I go to Services for that host, nothing related to SNMP is shown.

SNMP is set to ‘SNMP v2 or v3’, and it has SNMP community set.
I couldn’t find any rules set related to this (which doesn’t mean that’s true).

Running ‘cmk --debug -vvI $HOST’ has few of these:

SNMP answer: ==> [No Such Object available on this agent at this OID]
failed.

but it doesn’t have a single error in the output.

I also tried deleting SNMP cache from ‘/opt/omd/sites/cmk/var/check_mk/snmp_cache’, didn’t help.
Same thing with removing/adding the host, or adding a host using a different name.
Restarting/upgrading the container also didn’t work.

Let me know if any additional info is needed.

Thanks!

First question what typ of device do you try to query?

If you do the -I like you mentioned then you should see that CMK tries to request some OIDs. There is no output on any of these queries?

It’s Windows, agent and SNMP configured properly (as I said, I can download SNMP walk from inside Checkmk).

Yes, -I shows a lot of OIDs, but none of those are visible in web ui when I go to ‘Services’. ‘Full service scan’ doesn’t help.

The output from command line would be helpful. I think there must be a error message what points in the right direction.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.