SnmpV3 Traps Not working

Hello,

I faced problem receiving snmpV3 traps.I used tcpdump and I received the messages on the console, but not in the interface.

This is my snmp credentials configuration:

My rule in the Event console is listenning for everything - .* and the other filter is by IP address

After receiving the traps on the console I checked them and the configuration of the protocol and privacy pass phrase are the same.

I also enabled debug mode from the Event Console Settings but there are no enough information in /omd/sites/instance_name/var/log/mkeventd.log

About the Engine ID I placed the example from Check_Mk help documentation which is accessible from top right corner.

About the other server(snmp agent) is configured with the same authentication protocol, security name, authenthication password, privacy protocol and privacy pass phrase.

How can I check from my side which of the parameters or more than one do not match the parameters attached in the message send by the server on the other side?

Best Regards

I installed Check_Mk 2.0.0.p1 cee version and the EC receive the snmp traps judging by the mkeventd.log. I have enabled the debug mode and the errors that I have are:

unknown securityEngineID
StatusInformation: {‘errorIndication’: UnknownSecurityName(‘Unknown SNMP security name encountered’)
Trap (v3) dropped from XXX.XX.X.XXX: Unknown credentials (msgUserName: Test)

The configuration on the sender side is the same as the configuration on the receiver side (check_mk).

After testing on different check_mk installations I found out that the problem is coming from the pysnmp package. I tried with a few different versions of pysnmp but there is difference.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.