Sonicwall - Check_MK Discovery Error

Hi,

Check_MK Version is: 1.6.0p8cre

as of recent, I’m getting an UNKN-State on my Check_MK Discovery on my Sonicwall host.
It looks like this:

Error:
UNKN - The discovery function “inventory_sonicwall_conns” of the check “sonicwall_conns” is expected to take a single argument (info or parsed), but it’s taking the following arguments: [‘checkname’, ‘info’]. You will have to change the arguments of the discovery function to make it compatible with this Checkmk version.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I’m supposed to alter the check or check-parameters?

Thanks in advance

Chris

The inventory function only has one argument in CMK 1.6.
Remove checkname from inventory_sonicwall_conns() and leave info as single argument.

Hi Robert,
thanks for the tip.
I wasnt so sure which file to edit at first…

x@x:/opt/omd/sites/main# locate *sonicwall_conns*
/opt/omd/sites/main/local/share/check_mk/checkman/sonicwall_conns
/opt/omd/sites/main/local/share/check_mk/checks/sonicwall_conns
/opt/omd/sites/main/local/share/check_mk/pnp-templates/check_mk-sonicwall_conns.php
/opt/omd/sites/main/tmp/check_mk/check_includes/local/sonicwall_conns
/opt/omd/sites/main/tmp/check_mk/wato/activation/f3837e9b-0aba-46c3-90c0-d701e29765a7/multitar_workdir/synced_files/local/share/check_mk/checkman/sonicwall_conns
/opt/omd/sites/main/tmp/check_mk/wato/activation/f3837e9b-0aba-46c3-90c0-d701e29765a7/multitar_workdir/synced_files/local/share/check_mk/checks/sonicwall_conns
/opt/omd/sites/main/tmp/check_mk/wato/activation/f3837e9b-0aba-46c3-90c0-d701e29765a/multitar_workdir/synced_files/local/share/check_mk/pnp-templates/check_mk-sonicwall_conns.php
/opt/omd/sites/main/var/check_mk/precompiled_checks/local/sonicwall_conns

I have found and edited out the parameter ‘checkname’ from this file:

I did an ‘omd restart’ but the error is still the same…

Oh - Wait a second.
The error is now different! :open_mouth:

UNKN - The discovery function “inventory_sonicwall_mem” of the check “sonicwall_mem” is expected to take a single argument (info or parsed), but it’s taking the following arguments: [‘checkname’, ‘info’]. You will have to change the arguments of the discovery function to make it compatible with this Checkmk version.

I guess I’ll have to go through all the Inventory functions then.
Thanks so far!

Okay, editing all the files has worked.
I just hope this stays consistent when upgrading to a newer CMK version.
Anyway thank you very much!

Next time just run cmk -R to regenerate the precompiled checks.

1 Like

This is an installed extension below $OMD_ROOT/local and not affected by CMK updates. This is also the cause of the error as the extension was likely installed when the site was running with an older CMK version.
You should check if there is a newer version of this extension available.

1 Like