Ssh access to virtual appliance

Hi all,

just installed the VM-Appliance and made some basic config steps.
I activated in the device config the ssh login but when i try to login via ssh i always fail.with “Access denied”. Using the username “setup” as described here:

6.3. Activating console via SSH

Also tried to activate root-ssh-login:
I get the message:
“root access is not allowed in demo mode!”

So whats wrong?
Thx!
Moe

With version of the appliance did you install?
The enterprise version can be reached by using ssh.
I am not sure if the the demo version allows ssh.
Ralf

i installed the “Free / Enterprise Trial” VM-Appliance.
What means demo? I thought the free version can be used with up to 25 hosts without other limits?

ok, demo is the wrong term.

This is for CheckMK itself. The appliance is only available as “demo” and “enterprise”.
If you use the CheckMK free version inside the “demo” appliance then you can use it there but you cannot gain access with SSH to the command line on the “demo” appliance.
For the usage of the free version i would recommend the normal installation with packages or the docker container.

Ok, thx for explaining. I think i got it now!
Just to be sure: Would it be possible to use the enterprise VM-appliance with the free version of CheckMK? Or do i need some activation for this version of the VM-appliance?

You only get the VM appliance together with an enterprise subscription of CheckMK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.