Stacked Juniper EX2200 switches services in stale or pending

stacked Juniper EX2200 switches services in stale or pending they are not coming up .please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Juniper switches with many ports need some optimizations wrt their SNMP agent:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/snmp-best-practices-device-end-optimizing.html
https://blog.proact.de/2015/05/27/snmp-optimierung-unter-junos/

You can also adjust timing settings on the CheckMK side.

How can i adjust the timing settings in check_mk.if we adjust the timing what is the use of it.

• WATO → Host & Service Parameters → Access to Agents → Timing settings for SNMP access
    This rule decides about the number of retries and timeout values for the SNMP access to devices.

You can adjust Response timeout for a single query and Number of retries

Perhaps have a look at the following ruleset as well:

• WATO → Host & Service Parameters → Access to Agents → Check intervals for SNMP checks
    This rule can be used to customize the check interval of each SNMP based check. With this option it is possible to configure a longer check interval for specific checks, than then normal check interval.

Well, increase timeouts so Checkmk will wait long enough for the checks to finish. :wink:
(But please also check out the links @r.sander posted.)

thank you all your help :slightly_smiling_face:
still i am unable to resolve my problem.

I have the same problem with an SRX. I set timeout to 60s and polling interval to 5m. I can occasionally get a discovery to run and pull the interfaces, but it will go stale after next round of checks. If I successfully rediscover, it will all go green again.

If I remove all of the network interfaces, it will poll correctly.

Discoveries that fail respond with:
Your request timed out after 110 seconds. This issue may be related to a local configuration problem or a request which works with a too large number of objects. But if you think this issue is a bug, please send a crash report.

To get a good feeling what takes so long, it is good to run the discovery on the command line. There you can measure the time needed for a complete discovery or a complete check run.

cmk --debug -vvI <hostname>     (discovery) 

or

cmk --debug -vv <hostname>      (check)

Running the manual discovery completed successfully (and cleared all of the stale checks at the same time). It took a really long time to complete.

Edit to add:
ran the manual check immediately after and it completed <1s
Ran it again and it’s taking minutes

OK - [snmp] Success, execution time 222.5 sec | execution_time=222.536 user_time=0.180 system_time=0.030 children_user_time=0.000 children_system_time=0.000 cmk_time_snmp=222.321 cmk_time_agent=0.001

I turned off network interfaces and it doesn’t go stale. However I have no way to get into services in WATO to fix this as host/services edit always times out :

Check_MK Discovery [](javascript:void(0):wink: CRIT - no unmonitored services found, 10 vanished services (snmp_uptime:1, juniper_mem:2, juniper_fru.fan:2, juniper_fru:2, juniper_cpu_util:2, snmp_info:1), no new host labels, [snmp] keepalive timed out CRIT

Edit to Add - it seems to go in and out of crit for this check.