Tactical overview not showing all configured hosts!? Baffled

Hi,

We are seeing something unexpected. Our Overview is only showing a fraction of all the configured hosts. Basically shows around 2.8K hosts, we have over 6K.

Has anyone seen this before as we are baffled presently. Many thanks for any answers!

Are all these 6.000 hosts monitored? I mean, we have some hosts with the tag “Do no monitor this host”. They appear in the folders but not in the tactical view. Could that be the case?

Hi @nickjwest1

two ideas

1. Is it a distributed monitoring ? If so, may be a satellite is unreachable / offline.
  2. Is this the default tactical overview ? It is possible to create new ones since 1.6, may be there are some filters applied
1 Like

You gave me the pointer i needed Dirk. Basically the hosts were added from another system, and, even though they listed full number initially, they still had a reference to being managed by the external site. I changed the ‘Monitored on site’ for 20 hosts to be the local site, and not the invalid site, and the Overview increased by same number.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.