Take over default values after site upgrades

I have some sites that are quite old. If I say old, I mean the OMD times (I guess, it was 1.20ish). Therefore it is bearing a lot of old configuration settings done by the time.

The most crucial part is Nagvis. If I remove the settings logonmodule, logon_multisite_htpasswd, logon_multisite_serials, logon_multisite_secret, etc., I am not logged in anymore by logging into checkmk. Also, my default hosturl for Nagvis objects is “[htmlcgi]/status.cgi?host=[host_name]”, which is a leftover of the Nagios GUI times. To be clear, the configuration is not ticked and changed, it is the default. But if I create new sites, the default are different. I’m afraid, there are more default settings from the past, which are not the default settings nowadays. Do you see my point?

So, my question is: how to take over the new defaults.

To be more clear, this is my nagvis config (omd version 2.1.0p11):

And this is the nagvis config of a brand new site:

OK, I was able to get the new default paths and values.

My steps were:

1. Make a backup of files in ~/etc/nagvis/conf.d/
  2. Delete all files in ~/etc/nagvis/conf.d/
  3. Copy the files of a brand new site: cp /omd/sites/TEMPSITE/etc/nagvis/conf.d/*.php .
  4. Reset the site name within the files: grep -rl TEMPSITE . | xargs sed -i -e ‘s/TEMPSITE/OLDSITE/’
  5. Enjoy the new default configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.