Unable to edit a custom view

I have cloned some views to create some custom ones, but I cannot edit them. I can view them ok but whenever I click “Edit view” it times out, I can still edit all the other views ok. Is there a log file I should be looking in? any help appreciated.

Did you look in ~/var/log/web.log if there errors related to your action?

1 Like

I don’t have a web.log. I have a syslog

You need to look into your checkmk site. In OMD_ROOT you will find the checkmk logs, also web.log.

1 Like

in /omd/sites/YOURSITE/var/log/web.log

Thanks, there is nothing in the web.log file and web.log.1 is old.

Go to managed views and delete to one which not work.

Thanks, I have deleted it but then tried to create a similar view and have the same issue. I can create it OK initially but cannot edit it.

Hi,
can you see your new views in ~/var/check_mk//views.mk ? Did you have the correct roles to edit views in WATO? Please check.
Regards,
Christian

I can see it in there and I am using the default admin account but whenever I edit it doesn’t do anything. Could it be a write permission on a file or folder somewhere?

The permission on files and directory should be: : and 770 on dir and executables 660 on normal files.

Permissions looks ok, weirdly I cannot find the file “views.mk”, I have had a look in /omd/sites/mysite/var/check_mk but it isn’t there.

Sorry, should be /omd/sites/mysite/web/myuser/user_views.mk instead of views.mk.
If it’s not there, you should look if it’s stored as other user.

look here:
Edit/create/clone view with YOURUSER and save it, then check

/omd/myiste/visus/var/check_mk/web/YOURUSER/user_views.mk

1 Like

Thanks that worked. For some reason as the default user it won’t let me edit, but another user it will.

1 Like