Unknown Exception on Host Notification Pulls

Having what I sense is a somewhat common issue with my check_mk RAW 1.5.0p16 installation (don’t worry, we’re upgrading soon to 2.0.0p9, I realize we’re way behind at this point).

When attempting to do a search for host notification history on one of our hosts, I get the following error:

Unhandled exception: Your request timed out after 110 seconds. This issue may be related to a local configuration problem or a request which works with a too large number of objects. But if you think this issue is a bug, please send a crash report.

I get the sense the issue falls under working with a large number of objects. But, I’m also working with this running on a very hefty physical server that isn’t being fully taxed (16-core 2-processor server, loads right now are in the 4-5 range), and it’s pulling data off the local disk, it is spinning disk though.

Guess the question is, if I want to do a manual search for host notification history, how would I go about that (assuming through livestatus), and how can I best troubleshoot the real reason that attempting to look for notification history results in this error?

Thanks!

As you use the RAW edition it is best to grep over the Nagios core logs.
I think you have to many events inside you system. This leads to a problem with to big log files of your core and then to the timeout if you make some searches over the events.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.