Upload a new mkp for a package i don't own

Hello,

first post here so please have mercy :wink:

I create a new version of https://exchange.checkmk.com/p/qnap with this being my changelog atm.

Changelog 1.4.1

• Edited qnap_fans so it can support more then 2 fans.
  • Added Wato Interface for qnap_fans and qnap_temp

Changelog 1.4

• Original from Andre Eckstein, Christian Burmeister
  • Removed HDD check since this is covered by an built in check (qnap_disks) already
  • Made it checkmk 1.6 compatible

On the checkmk exchange site there is a link to github. However pull requests/issues are open for years so i doubt my changes would be reviewed there anytime soon.

So i am wondering what would be the preferred way to send in my changes?

thanks and best regards

I just found that the original creator GPLed it anyway (i also found his post here) so i just uploaded the new version to the exchange for review. :slight_smile:

Hi Michael,
I appreciate your changes to the plugin.
And was looking for the github project on your github page, but it was empty.
Wanted to suggest a minor change to the check_parameters_qnap_temp.py
Line 6, “Parameters for QNAP Fans”, should be something like “Parameters for QNAP Temperature”

Because the check_parameters_qnap_fans.py has the same value, In CMK it shows two rulesets with the same name.

I’ve changed it for my own use, but would be helpful to others :+1:

Kind regards,
Erik

I also found a small error in the volume check. Qnap_volumes liefert falschen Wert
Would be good if an active github/gitlab location exists for a pull request. :slight_smile:

Hello,

oops you guy are right. Apparently i planned on creating it but forgot about it.

I just now put the current version up on the already existing repo

So please feel free to checkin an changes you see fit. :slight_smile:

best regards
Michael

2 Likes

@Virus2500
I’ve submitted both changes (from @andreas-doehler and me) to the plugin, if you agree you can add them to the MKP.

Kind regards,
Erik

Hello,

Andreas already send in his pull request. I think yours would undo the fix. Or did i miss something?

best regards
Michael

That’s great,
I don’t think you missed something.
Just ignore my changes then, if needed we can always redo them :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Erik

Alright.:slight_smile:
Closed the pull request and uploaded the package for verification on https://exchange.checkmk.com/

br
Michael