View Hexagon "Host Overview" on Dashboard

Hi,

how can i enable/add the hexagon view of “Host Overview” like the Check_MK Sceenshots and Online Demo on my current v2.0 Dashboard? (Service Provider/Enterprise)

Best Regards!

Regarding CME? We are currently working on a fix!

1 Like

Yes, CME / Managed Service Edition.
Are there differences in dashboards between the editions?

Short answer - Yes - significant is the difference between the dashboards in CRE and CEE.
CME i have not tested until now :slight_smile:

I can confirm that in our CME instance the “fancy new view” is missing after upgrade.

Will be fixed with Werk #12748

2 Likes

Quick update: After upgrading to CME 2.0.0p4 I now get two hexagon buttons in the menu bar, but both show the “problem dashboard”.

Am I missing something obvious?

Hi thorian93,

after update to cme 2.0.0p4 the “Hexagon” Host overview is present (New/Updated Main Dashboard)

my menu bar after the update:

Best Regards

Any entries in “Customize” - “Dashboards” - Section: “Customized”?

Jup, I had one called main, probably some old relic, which I deleted. But that did not change anything. There are two others, but those are not related to main, they were built from scratch.
A colleague has his own version of main too, can that be a problem?

Also I realized that when looking at the builtin dashboards, all of them are “clickable” except for main:

If the dashboard option “Make this dashboard available for other users” is set, yes

It is not.
I logged out and in again for good measure, but I still cannot see the hexagon view.
When I copy the main dashboard and open the newly created dashboard, it shows the hexagon view just fine.
Is there maybe a global setting that enforces the old default view?

Do you have set a custom start url?

“User” → “Edit profile” → “Start URL to display in main frame”

Nope. I am switching using the buttons in the top bar (see screenshots from before).
Also see the edits on my last post.

(please ignore the debug output)

I am on factory settings there:

Well, this is embarrassing. But I want to share it anyway, in case someone else meets this issue:
A colleague of mine hat his own version of the main dashboard.
I am not sure why but that overwrote the main dashboard for all users. I guess we need to read some more docs on that one. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.