VM to VM migration issues

Hi there,
I’ve just tried to migrate an instances from a VM ubuntu 16.04 to another one running ubuntu 18.04. Both get tg 1.6.0p11 raw version installed.
Issue 1 :

Exception: Unable to successfully perform the LDAP search (LDAP connection failed:
2020-05-26 17:30:02,249 [40] [cmk.web 25006] Exception (Admins, userdb_job): Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/omd/sites/ArchiMonitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/userdb.py", line 1380, in _execute_sync_action
    connection.do_sync(add_to_changelog=add_to_changelog, only_username=False)
  File "/omd/sites/ArchiMonitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/userdb/ldap_connector.py", line 1159, in do_sync
    ldap_users = self.get_users()
  File "/omd/sites/ArchiMonitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/userdb/ldap_connector.py", line 793, in get_users
    self._config['user_scope']):
  File "/omd/sites/ArchiMonitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/plugins/userdb/ldap_connector.py", line 646, in _ldap_search
    _('Unable to successfully perform the LDAP search (%s)') % last_exc)
MKLDAPException: Unable to successfully perform the LDAP search (LDAP connection failed:

On the new server, the ldap connection is running well on a new instance. The problem is coming only on the migrated instance.

Issue 2:
PHP Error on Nagvis.

Error: (0) Trying to access array offset on value of type int
URL: /ArchiMonitor/nagvis/server/core/ajax_handler.php?mod=Map&act=getMapObjects&show=Anneau&sources=dynmap&header_menu=1&hover_menu=1&context_menu=1&zoom=100&dynmap_init_x=20&dynmap_init_y=700&dynmap_offset_x=30&dynmap_offset_y=30&dynmap_per_row=30&dynmap_sort=a&dynmap_order=asc&_ajaxid=1590505965
File: /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/classes/GlobalMapCfg.php
Line: 970
#0 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/classes/GlobalMapCfg.php(970): nagvisExceptionErrorHandler()
#1 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/classes/GlobalMapCfg.php(489): GlobalMapCfg->verifyObjectIds()
#2 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/classes/CoreModMap.php(322): GlobalMapCfg->readMapConfig()
#3 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/classes/CoreModMap.php(105): CoreModMap->getMapObjects()
#4 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/functions/index.php(120): CoreModMap->handleAction()
#5 /opt/omd/versions/1.6.0p11.cre/share/nagvis/htdocs/server/core/ajax_handler.php(59): require('/opt/omd/versio...')
#6 {main}

So on the old VM php version is 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.14 and PHP 7.4.6 on the new one.

I didn’t found any point about migrating on a new OS version in the official documentation. Anybody could tell me if there’s best practice to make this sort of migration?
Thanks for help

So, the issue 1 have been solved by herself. I’ve just retry after activate the debug mode, and the ldap connection is now running and users are synchronized.

I’ll continue to workaround the nagvis issue. If anybody have an idea, you’re welcome

After more and more research, I’ve found an information by the official NagVis guithub.
http://www.nagvis.org/downloads/changelog/1.9.20

It seems the issue is resolved but now, the question is, how cal I update the Nagvis version? I’ve to wait for the next omd update or is this possible to proceed otherwise?

So, the 1.6.0p12 just came.
The map issue is solved with the nagvis 1.9.20.

Hope this topic will help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.