VMotion Causes Missing VM Blip (OK->UNK wait 10s UNK->OK)

CMK version: 2.1.0p12
OS version: Appliance 1.5.4
vSphere Plugin Monitoring

This isnt an “Error Message” as much as it seems that when vMotions occur the VM is marked as missing for like 10 seconds so we’re flooded with a lot of up/down messages. Since this is essentially a brand new install and the defaults I figured I would hear of others with this issue, but I havent found any other posts describing this.

Hi RichCNY,

we had the same problem when monitoring vmware VMs directly through the host and not the vcenter.

What helped for us:

• Create A Cluster in the same folder like the esx hosts (Hosts → Add Cluster)
  • add your esx to this cluster
  • Create a rule in “Cluster Services” - Condition should be the folder where your esx hosts and the Cluster Object is. Also Set Filter for Services - “VM .*” worked for us.
  • create a “Aggregation options for clustered services” rule. Choose “Explicit host” and set it to the cluster object. Aggregation option should be “best node wins”.
  • run a service distovery on the esx-host objects. all the VMs should go to the “Monitored clustered services - located on cluster host” section
  • run a service discovery for the cluster object you created - all the VMs from all the hosts should appear here

rgds

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.