Windows - File locked?

Hi guys.
Does check_mk has a way of checking if a file is being used? locked?
(Windows server)

Thanks!!

Not that i know. It is possible that these can only be done with some extra script as local check or plugin.

1 Like

Great, i just needed confirmation.

Thanks

Hi @gera83,

built something that is still a work in progress - or rather, I’m not sure how/what would make it work in all kinds of situations but maybe it helps?
win_openfiles-0.8.mkp (4.9 KB)
Extract of mkp info:

List open files using the windows “openfiles” command
let’s you define a list of regex patterns, if any file matches the list of patterns, an alert is created
the duration of the file lock is not available, so use checkmk delay/max check attempts to regulate
incl. Bakery and Plugin :slight_smile:
TODO:

• maybe built a discovery rule to split this check by paths? currently all paths are treated within one service
  • use the value_store of check to somehow keep track of lock duration?

Attention: absolutely no warranty or guaranty of when/if possible bugs can be fixed :slight_smile:

Hey gstolz!!
Thanks for your answer.

No mean to disrespect your check, but “openfiles” only monitors opened files through network. Shares.
I was looking for another thing.

It’s ok, i already write a powershell local check, using the popular OpenedFilesView from Nirsoft.
Works beautifully.

Cheers!

ah ok, I misunderstood the issue then :slight_smile:
Feel free to share your local check, someone will find this thread in the future and be super happy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.