Your feedback wanted: Checkmk Conference #6 Agenda

Ahh, great, my request has been accepted!

Netflow Montoring - Integrating ntop & Checkmk

\o/

Yes, for me too, SAP monitoring would be great.
Due to the fact that CCMS is dying, what are the key performance numbers to look after and how to get them.

Same for Hana, monitoring is great for that, but how to get the key performance values and what are they?

3 Likes

Interesting topic - however as we currently lack functionality in the software for monitoring the Azure Stack and likely will not have something on that topic in the next couple of months, it will likely not be part of the conference :frowning:

That is a good idea. There haven’t been talks on SAP monitoring for quite some time on the conference (if ever) and a lot of work has gone into it (mk_sap_hana: Refactored plugin; Deprecated old checks; Add new checks)

@all: We will discuss the feedback from here early next year and see what we can do to incorporate some of it. Thanks already to everyone sharing their thoughts and I wish you a good 2020!

The Workshops sounds interesting. Do you plan to do multiple sessions per topic or just one?

I’m also very interested in SAP and HANA. At the moment we get much informations from SAP via NSCA but maybe there are some better ways to get them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin,
just recently I noticed some interesting feedbacks related to SAP monitoring. That would be a great topic to present and to introduce at the 2020-conference (e.g. CCMS, SolMan etc.)!! Any news yet on your side if SAP monitoring will be on the agenda of the upcoming event - maybe as a part of the best-practice-workshop
?

1 Like

We are currently contacting customers, who do a lot of SAP monitoring, if they would be interested in giving a talk. Will keep you posted!

2 Likes

By the way, we just added a Security Workshop to the workshop day. It will be held by @os-s (Ralf Spenneberg (Open Source Security) who is en absolute expert in setting up Checkmk securely.

Here’s the description:

Checkmk offers all the tools to enable enterprise-grade security. Sometimes the options are hidden, not enabled by default or need configuration. In this workshop security expert Ralf will discuss the Checkmk architecture in context of security and will explain and demonstrate the secure setup of a Checkmk installation. The Best security practices concerning the Checkmk agent connection, distributed WATO, access via SNMP and special agents, SSL/TLS connections to VMware and LDAP and the certificate store, the password store will be covered by this workshop. There is also time to discuss specific questions you might face in your own set-up.

It will be bookable as of today. Available places are limited.

Hi Martin, Also interested in SAP and HANA. We have a project running to implement SAP BW and HANA in AZURE cloud. We also would be interested too integrate SOLMAN in checkmk or probably replace the monitoring done in SOLMAN by checkmk.

Nice topic and I can say it would be a lot of fun to monitor this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We will not be able to add the topic SAP monitoring for this conference (I think, we even asked your boss @tosch).
But maybe @tosch and @mike1098 we can build something nice in the time after the conference. The roadmap for 1.8 has still room and once we have finished stuff like Python 2->3, CheckAPI etc., we should have some capable people free to work on topics like that. No promises though :slight_smile:

Yep @martin.hirschvogel , it’s really difficult for us to give talks on such open conferences. I am sure there to give some informations on the freetime on the conference but not officially in name of my company.