Checkmk and ServiceNow Integration

CMK version: 2.3 p4 MSP Edition
OS version: Checkmk Appliance

Error message:
Could not end downtime on Incident because of missing context information. Maybe the user used for login has too few permissions? At least the role ‘itil’ is required.

Could not resolve Incident because of missing context information. Maybe the user used for login has too few permissions? At least the role ‘itil’ is required.

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

Hi All,

I try to use the ServiceNow Notification for Checkmk. I follow this guide without a problem.

1- I create a new user on ServiceNow with Itil Role
2- On Checkmk I setup the information required for the integration

The result is the New Incident is created without a problem but the resolution for Ack of problem or for downtime of one problem I recieve this error:

Could not resolve Incident because of missing context information. Maybe the user used for login has too few permissions? At least the role ‘itil’ is required.

Could not end downtime on Incident because of missing context information. Maybe the user used for login has too few permissions? At least the role ‘itil’ is required.

The message is very strange because on the ServiceNow the user used have the correct Itil permission.

Best Regards

Fabio

Hi

I confirm that I have the same error to the last stable release [2.2.0p24.cme].
The incident opened correctly when the host change the state in warning or critical but the incident don’t change in resolution state when the host return OK.

I attach the service now screenshot to the information about the status of the incident.

I attach the screenshot of the Failed Notification on the Checkmk GUI. The ws.checkmk user on ServiceNow have the Itil role assigned:

The configuration between 2.3 and 2.2 is the same.

Best Regards

Hello,
does the created INC contain the worknotes with the checkmk problem id?
i faced this issue in the past mostliy with a logic error in the notification rule. the rule matched any->crit and any->ok
this resulted in the error in a warn->ok notification. which makes sense cause the warn notification was not created.

cheers

Hi

You can indicate as I add this information in the incident creation?
I work to the custom description on the incidents text?

Best regards

Fabio

Hi

I try to define the information about the event and short description of the problem.
After the incident is created the state is “new” and in description is added the following information:

Host: XXXXXX-XX-SW03
Service: Memory Processor
Event:
Output: Manually set to Warning by cmkadmin
Perfdata:

Is not added the Event ID information.
After the check is resolved on this incident is added the “Resolution notes”

Host: XXXXXX-XX-SW03
Service: Memory Processor
Event:
Output: Usage: 16.36% - 83.1 MiB of 508 MiB
Perfdata: mem_used_percent=16.356696;80;90;0;
Usage: 16.36% - 83.1 MiB of 508 MiB

But the incidents remain in new state and not in resolved.