Missing entry "Contact Check_MK Agent and all enabled datasource programs" in Agent type

CMK version: 2.0.0p18

I like to configure a new host with the normal Check_MK Agent and a special agent.
But under custom attributes - Agent type, the entry “Contact Check_MK Agent and all enabled datasource programs” is missing.
In all the screenshots the entry is still available (Missing agent sections: esx_vsphere_vm - #2 by tosch).
Also in the Host-Configuration on the command line (cmk -D) the Agent mode appears:
Agent mode: Normal Checkmk agent, or special agent if configured

Hi @mlaukemann and welcome to the checkmk community.

The post you mentioned and the picture is taken from an older version. Over the time the this options changed and if you always update a system you keep this old options. At a fresh 2.0 version you get the following option and the marked should fit your needs.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I’ve checked our Host configuration settings and can’t find the entry “Checkmk agent / API integrations” under Monitoring agents
grafik

Your problem exists as the host tag “Agent type” was modified with an earlier version like 1.5 od 1.4.
If you go to the “Setup” → “Hosts” → “Tags” you will get an message that a builtin tag group was modified.
There is no automatic solution to fix this problem.
Can you provide the small screenshot how the tag groups are showed to you at the moment?

2 Likes

So even worst than our old configuration :frowning:

Now you have to remove the manual entry “agent”/“Agent type” from the list of Tag groups.
But this is not possible as this tags are used.

What you need to check first is if some of these tags are used on your systems. “cmk-agent” should be used by all machines with agent based checks.
“snmp-only”, “snmp-v1” and “snmp-tcp” should not exist anymore on the hosts.
If this is the case you can remove manually the tag group from the file “~/etc/check_mk/multisite.de/wato/tags.mk” - pay attention and make a backup before :slight_smile:

@andreas-doehler thank you for your solution!
I’ve checked all folders, hosts and rules if those tags are linked or used there and changed these configurations temporarily to the default values.
Afterwards I’ve deleted the agent tag group in checkmk directly.
The big advantage is, that checkmk shows you an alert if you have still hosts where this tag group is explicitely set or if there are still rulesets that contain rules with references to the changed tags.
After rebooting the server I have the new builtin agent group and I can now configure hosts with both, the normal and a special agent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.