Service monitoring rules ignored

CMK version:
2.0.0p17.cre
OS version:
Debian 10
Error message:
N/A
Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)
N/A

Hello,

After recent updates in Check_MK, my regexp rules to ignore some of the errors and warnings for my Windows servers logs does not work anymore (Setup > Services > Service monitoring rules > Logfile patterns). The funny thing, however, is that the tester for these expressions (Logfile pattern analyzer) works correctly. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Hi @Txema and welcome to the checkmk community.

Can you please provide us with the rules and regular expressions you are using as well as the things you like to ignore?

Hi tosch! And thanks for your welcome!

A simple example can be this. To ignore a critical messagge I have created a rule and the pattern checker detects OK. However, the alert does not change and continues to appear:

Can you please test the pattern analyzer with the whole message? I am not sure if the rule pattern is wildcarded before and after. I am a bit puzzled about your pattern because it’s not proper regular expression, the space is also a special character and normally needs to be escaped too.
Another thing you probably already have checked, still unacknowledged events can keep the state CRIT.

Hi Tosch!

I think the pattern is marked with wildcards by default (at the beginning and at the end), but also with escaped spaces, the test matches but the check does not:

What can it be then? Until version 2.0.0p15 these rules always worked for me.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.