Site Backup Fails with [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Hi,
I am getting

“Site backup failed: Failed to perform backup: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer”

ever since I upgraded to v2.0.0p1 on all my servers.

I noticed they work if I check off the box Do not backup historical data -
Do not backup metric data (RRD files), the monitoring history and log files, basically if I include RRD, backup fails… Remove it and it succeeds. Rights seem to be there in the directories for ~var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/* as well as the destination mount point.

Thanks,

FYI, the problem still persists on Raw v2.0.0p2 and v2.0.0p3.

I think this is a duplicate of: Site backup failed: Failed to perform backup: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer.

It was my mistake. I hijacked the german discussion and realized right after I sent my reply.

I don’t think it’s the same issue (despite the same error message), since I configured each backup separately (on each instance), but they all share a common NAS mount point: /mnt/backupOMD/

A subdirectory is created for each one when the backup runs. Again, the issue ONLY happens if I enable the job to backup the historical data, which was fine before going to v2.0.0px (from v1.6.0p22).

I have been following the german thread too, and it seems others are having similar issue. It’s something to do with the RRD files, because once they are not selected, backup works. I guess I will have to wait for the next version which addresses this issue.

Issue is still present on the new v2.0.0p4.

Confirmed working again after upgrading to v2.0.0p5. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.