2.1.0p2: agent is not registered

on the clients, I removed xinetd with apt purge xinetd so it’s not running (systemctl | grep xine shows nothing), I have these services running:

check-mk-agent-async.service loaded active running Checkmk agent - Asynchronous background tasks
system-check\x2dmk\x2dagent.slice loaded active active system-check\x2dmk\x2dagent.slice
check-mk-agent.socket loaded active listening Local Checkmk agent socket
cmk-agent-ctl-daemon.service loaded active running Checkmk agent controller daemon

Since I’m still struggling with this issue, I have spawned a brand new server with Ubuntu 22, installed checkmk raw, switched the public IP from the old server to the new one (got hundreds of monitored servers with a firewall rule to allow 6556 to that IP only), configured apache to have SSL, then imported the backup from the old server (with omd backup + omd restore)

Then I installed the agent on the server, and registered, and this part finally worked, the server can monitor itself (even if I don’t understand why cmk-agent-ctl register --hostname 127.0.0.1 gave 404 Not Found: Host 127.0.0.1 does not exist., I had to put the public hostname).

However, all the other hosts doesn’t work, I see the same issue as before… :frowning:

To recap, the issue is the following:

• ss -tulpn says cmk-agent-ctl is listening on 6556
  • register command is successful (status says Remote: Connection type: pull-agent, Registration state: operational) but the monitoring host doesn’t get any output (no unmonitored services found, 18 vanished services)
  • If I do cmk-agent-ctl delete-all --enable-insecure-connections it works again but I have the annoying WARN TLS is not activated on monitored host

I think this whole TLS thing should be optional without showing any warning, since there are much simpler ways to secure the connection, like a simple firewall rule: ufw allow from 1.2.3.4 to any port 6556 proto tcp EDIT: I found I can do this in Setup>Services>Service monitoring rules>Checkmk Agent installation auditing>New rule: Checkmk Agent installation auditing