Active Checks (timeout)

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to the use of this wonderful monitoring tool.

I would like to know if there is any possibility of increasing the timeout for Active Checkups (old Nagios type). I have a plugin that takes time to run (and doesn’t manage its own timeout) and checkmk shows right away that it failed to run.

The plugin (check_selenium_docker.py) with its arguments works correctly if you do it by command line.

My checkmk version: Raw Edition 1.6.0 on Centos 8

Thank you so much
Javi

Hi Javi and welcome.

Could it be that you’re looking for the rule “Service check timeout (Microcore)”?
With this, you should be able to change the timeouts of services, including active checks.

If you use this option “Paramters for this service”, you can always check which rule is working for this type of service:

In the corresponding site you should be able to find all matching rules with active rule-set and default values.

Sincerely Kruzgoth

1 Like

Hello Kruzgoth,

In the Raw version 1.6.0p8 there does not seem to be such an option “Service Verification Timeout (Microcore)”

In the Parameters for this service (Classical Active Check) i do not see if it is allowed to control the speed at which check is launched. I only see eligible options in the “Monitoring Configuration” section such as the:

• Normal check interval for service checks
  • Retry check interval for service checks"
  • Maximun number of checks attepts for service, etc …"

Curiously, check is launched correctly if I go to services of the hosts and I let the check of all the services start.

Any idea? I don’t now how to resolve this…

Thank you!!

It seems that I’m not the only one that this happens … but it doesn’t seem to have an answer / solution.
[Check_mk (english)] Custom check is returning (null)

@Javi,
did you tried to debug your script at the command line?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.