Additional Output/Custom Message - Notifications

Hello All,

Would anyone know how to configure an output for a specific alert? I believe that this custom text goes in “Additional output”, but I’m not sure and I didn’t find how to configure this in check_mk, it would be just for an alert configured on 3 servers.

Hello All and welcome to this community.

If i understand you correct, you want to add more information to an alert event, then given by the service itself?!
If yes, did you try to fix this with the rule “Service/Host state translation”? Here you can rewrite or add information based on the status and output of a service.

The “additional output” section itself can only be filled by the service itself, given secondary information, which are not important to see at first glance. In generall, you can “pipe” them at your normal output, like “2 Some_Service Normal_Message | Additional Output”. Sometimes “\n” works as well.

Hope i could help you.
Sincerely Kruzgoth

Check_MK|609x499 ,

Hi @Kruzgoth,

Thank you very much for the welcome, this would be to add a specific description when alarming a service failure, but I didn’t find this configuration that you mentioned, here are the service rules in the attached image.

Looks like you’re using 1.6.0 . Unfortunetly, i only know much until 1.5.0
There should be a rule called “Service state translation” or similar.
You need to use this to rewrite the service output.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.