AKCP SensorProbe 2+: Can't get temperature/humidity sensor to show up

Hello Everyone,
we’re currently setting up checkmk (2.0.0p5 CEE on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) and when adding our AKCP SensorProbe 2+ to the monitoring, I only get the standard checks:

While checking the integrations at the checkmk website I found some info about the support of temperature/humidity sensors of AKCP Devices:

Do I need to set up a specific rule in checkmk to make it monitor these sensors? I checked the list of service monitoring rules but couldn’t quite find something related.

The SensorProbe has SNMP enabled with default settings (SNMP v1/2, default community settings) and is already working fine with our old Icinga/Nagios checks.

If someone could enlighten me here, it would be greatly appreciated!

hi,
the checks should be found without any additional rule.
maybe this bug interferes with this: Fix cache miss on discovery
can you update your site and try if it helps?
if not could you provide a snmpwalk? i only have a different model on hand and its working fine…

bye Matthias

1 Like

The AKCP plus series is not supported in checkmk AFAIK

Not supported is a little bit misleading.
If it works the same way as the SensorProbe 2 then it is most times only the SNMP scan function what needs a little bit tweaking.
First step to see if there are greater differences between these types is what @mace said an actual snmpwalk of the divice.

Of course checkmk supports monitoring of coffee temperature and level but it needs to be coded and implemented which is currently not the case for AKCP SP2. My colleague did that but unfortunately I am not allowed to upload the code by company policy. Need to check with my manager if we are allowed to put it on exchange.

Hi Guys,
thanks for all your messages and first of all a big Sorry for the late response.

can you update your site and try if it helps?

We have updated our site and sadly it’s still the same.

if not could you provide a snmpwalk?

I am unfamiliar with SNMP, we only have very few systems being monitored with it - all working ootb so far. So I am unsure if this snmpwalk is complete, considering the error on the second to last line. Let me know if I can improve it.
snmpwalk_sp2plus.txt (3.1 KB)

For reference, on our old Icinga system we used this to monitor the device: GitHub - NETWAYS/check_sensorProbe2plus: Icinga check plugin for AKCP SensorProbe2+
I might try to make that one work with checkmk if there is no way of doing it with on-board tools.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to check the community questions.

The snmpwalk is only the base OIDs. For a further investigation you need to fetch the OID under iso.3.6.1.4.1.3854

If you do the snmpwalk like this snmpwalk -v2c -c public <IP> iso.3.6.1.4.1.3854 it should show some data.

The included checks cannot find anything as they check the OID iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 starts with
iso.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1 in your case it starts only with iso.3.6.1.4.1.3854
The 1 at the end is missing.

All the AKCP checks looking for data under
or

Is your device giving data there?
If i read the Icinga check correctly then is looking for data under .1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.3.5
That would mean some new or adopted plugins are needed.

Hi Andreas,
I re-ran the snmpwalk with the suggested changes and it certainly shows more:
snmpwalk2_sp2plus.txt (15.6 KB)

1 Like

And it looks like i expected it to be.
Only data under .1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.3, that means new plugins are needed to monitor these devices inside CMK.

Hi Nir,

we are currently looking into building an .mkp for this - just to reduce duplicate work: did you already build checks for these new AKCP devices :)?

Gerd

1 Like

Hi Gerd,

no - we did not any checks for that so far.

Hi all,

Gerd, have you by any chance chance written this plugin for akcp plus devices ?
I was looking for this and your the only one I found who was working on it, if it is still the case ?

Hi All,
Hopping on here as we have a similar device that appears to be a rebadged version.
Similar problem, we get a basic snmp string regarding device type and uptime but not much else.
SNMP Info ServSensor2 Plus H7 1.0.5673 Oct 26 2021 05:41:14

The base data oids for the combo sensor are:

humidity percent: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.3.5.3.1.4.0.0.0.0.0
temp raw: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.3.5.2.1.20.0.0.0.0.1

Hi Loris,

we did, for a customer, I’m checking if we can make it public, then I’ll send it to you :slight_smile: I’m optimistic as this really isn’t such a special check in any way. Hope to get a decision on this this week.

Gerd

1 Like

Hi @gstolz,

we are really looking forward to the release. Do you already have a release date planned?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi,

sorry, just forgot this link, it’s been public for 2 weeks: Checkmk Exchange :slight_smile:
Thanks @mhoess
Gerd

3 Likes

Vielen Dank - Läuft super…!!!

:ok_hand:

1 Like