All Problematic Log Files Option in CheckMK Gui shows Error 500

Hi there,

Recently, there’s been an issue on the CheckMK server where the disk partition that hosts CheckMK was full. I manage to clear up some space and got CheckMK Ui working again.

However, when I select this Option to check all Logs → “All Problematic LogFiles”, I get error page 500. I suppose this particular page is running on logwatch ( looking at the url). Is there specific logwatch process needs to be restarted? Any help to narrow this issue down would be appreciated.

Also, I am trying to see what sort of housekeeping I can do, are there any logs we can purge? I see pnp4nagios/spool is quite huge.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Just to add, I tried opening the “All Problematic LogFiles” page on CheckUi while running a tail on Apache error logs, here is the exceptions I am seeing. Any ideas?

[Wed Apr 03 14:46:32.511379 2024] [wsgi:error] [pid 2983075] [client 127.0.0.1:51360] mod_wsgi (pid=2983075): Exception occurred processing WSGI script ‘/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/check_mk/web/app/index.wsgi’., referer: https://xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/check_mk/index.py?start_url=%2Fprod%2Fcheck_mk%2Flogwatch.py%3Ffile%3D%26host%3D%26site%3D

[Wed Apr 03 14:46:32.511495 2024] [wsgi:error] [pid 2983075] [client 127.0.0.1:51360] Traceback (most recent call last):, referer: https://xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/check_mk/index.py?start_url=%2Fprod%2Fcheck_mk%2Flogwatch.py%3Ffile%3D%26host%3D%26site%3D

Hi All,

There is an option in the Ui for “Automatic Disk Space CleanUp” under “Global configuration settings”. Ours is currently set to - “Cleanup abandoned host files older than 30 days”. Is it save to enable “Delete Files Older Than” and “Delete additional files when diskspace is below” ?

It depends. To your original problem. If there is a logfile with broken data you can cleanup the folder “~/var/check_mk/logwatch/”. If all data is removed from this folder it must be possible to open the problematic view again. But without anything inside now^^

Thank you Andreas, issue is resolved. Manage to get the diskspace cleaned up more, and there seem to be knock on effect when it corrupted 2 servers system logs pages, hence was not able to view the “All Problematic LogFiles page”. This link ( Logwatch on linux - #11) helped in clearing the logs of that page by manually clearing Critical and Warning Logs on the Ui.

thanks heaps for this