Anyone trying AWS Grafana?

So I noticed Grafana is available as a trial service in AWS… our Grafana server tends to be slow so I thought this might be a good use for the cloud. Anyone try it?

Currently, I have CheckMk configured to feed Graphite on another server, where Grafana is also running. In Grafana, I add Graphite at localhost:8080 as my source… not sure how to replicate that in AWS since Graphite is not in AWS.

Thoughts?

I think the data storage for you graphing data must also be inside AWS to be really fast.
If you want and have a route from AWS to your local servers then you can also connect your local Graphite to the AWS Grafana. But I think this will be slower than your actual system.
I think they want to provide it for some internal data from inside AWS or?

yeah after I started setting up, I slowly started realizing what I really wanted was graphite in AWS which is not part of this. Graphite is what hammers my disks and causes the server to be so slow… I’m not sure putting Grafana in AWS buys me much with regard to CheckMk metrics.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.