Apache_status.py -> Exception ([::1]:80): <urlopen error [SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1056)>

Hey guys

When I try to run the apache_status.py on my webserver, I got this error message:
Exception ([::1]:80): <urlopen error [SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1056)>

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks and greets
Ovrld

apache_status tries to start an SSL connection to port 80.

Have you created a manual configuration for the agent plugin?

I think this is not an apache issue - maybe more a Python problem.

On another webserver it is running - with the same configuration (the webservers are behind a reverse proxy). So the internal communication is configured on port 80

It sound more like a wrong configured server.
As @r.sander already asked. Is there something configured in the “apache_status.cfg” inside “/etc/check_mk/”?
In the default configuration the script only uses port 443 for ssl connections nothing else.

No nothing configured. I have two servers, nearly same configuration. On both servers is just the apache plugin without any cfg file.

Then the difference in between these two must be the reason.

But which one? The apache has the same configuration, all Python modules are the same version.

is one system listening on IPv6 and the other not?

I think this is not an issue with IPv6 or Apache in general. On the same server I have an issue with another script as well:

root@server:/usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/3600# ./mk_speedtest
Cannot retrieve speedtest configuration
ERROR: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1056)>