APC humidity on SNMP OID

Hello
I need help! :slight_smile:
Check_mk can`t find humidity parameter on my card APC9631 with external sensor.
I searched and found the OID (+ must use GenNext) that is responsible for this parameter but can’t add to check_mk.
How to add it OID so that you can read this value and, what is important, modify the threshold later?
Anyone have a ready-made solution for this? I would be very grateful!

The good news is that Checkmk makes augmenting an existing check pretty easy. The monitoring home has a local folder and you can pretty much mirror the whole setup (well, just the pieces you need) there. You can also “add” instead of just copying overriding. Just make sure you give new names to everything in your modified plugin structure.

See also:

Once you have “your modification” or “new plugin” checkmk has a plugin creator that can take your modifications and bundle it into a .mkp for redistribution (this is optional of course, but useful).

Alternatively, though a bit heavier, you could code up a simple check, but would run locally (or somewhere) and do an snmpget on your specific value and format, etc.

I get the same need… Customize a SNMP Plugins.

In this Docs, it says to write a file into : local/lib/check_mk/base/plugins/agent_based/
There is no check_mk folder in /lib…
So, does Virtual appliance is different ?

(I use Check_MK virtual Appliance 1.6.0P11)

It’s not /lib (starting with slash, the top-level of the filesystem hierarchy) but ~/local/lib, i.e. lib inside the local directory below the site directory. If some directory is missing in that local directory structure, then you can just create it (as the site user).

There is a very simple patent for such a situation.
We enter to: Other services → Integrate Nagios plugins, and Add new.
Now it is enough to construct the command using the “check_snmp” command - Monitoring Plugins - check_snmp
Ready. we have an individual check.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.