Are bug reports ignored? 2 years and no reply nor a fix

As a paying customer I’m a little bit worried about the handling of bug reports. Two years ago I reported a bug in the gauge element via email to the feedback mail-address and via forum. Since then nothing happened. It is neither a new feature nor a support case. It is an already paid part of checkmk which isn’t working as intended. Where should I report this to get this bug fixed? I have no clue…

1 Like

For my colleagues: This is covered in Ticket #13721.

Sorry for the missing communication.

But to answer your question, @hafr : No, of course bug reports are not ignored. But they are prioritized, according to severity and by how many customers are affected/reporting the bug.

Just filter the werk list for bug fixes: Werks

But yes, we need to get better at communicating with the people opening the reports.

Hi,

we fix most bugs reported to us by customers with a support contract on relatively short notice: Get support directly from the Checkmk experts

If you have a support contract, please create a support ticket.
Support tickets end up directly in our development queue.
Checkmk is available also without support due to historic reasons. If you want to support the development of Checkmk, please consider buying a support package.

From what it looks like, you
a) posted in the community support forum, which is for community support. If you have an issue, other Checkmk users are there to help you. It is not a vendor support forum
b) send an email to feedback@checkmk.com - this is an unmonitored mailbox (upon sending an email, you get this information via email). We get quite a lot of stuff in there and we scan through them to regularly, e.g. to find patterns / more frequently occurring issues or product feedback. We do not respond there.

We receive enough requests from support customers that we have to prioritize our input channels. Therefore, support customers get priority in bug fixing. In the last two years, however none of them has reported the same bug, therefore it was not solved.

Hope this explains it.

Cheers,
Martin

2 Likes