Are there plans to add Pure Storage as a supported vendor?

They are not listed as a supported storage vendor on Flexible storage monitoring with Checkmk page, this comes as a surprise given how popular Pure has been among the on-premise folks in recent years.

Are there plans to natively support monitoring Pure arrays within Check_MK?

2 Likes

If you want, you can test my first version of a Pure FA special agent and the associated checks.

Pay attention that you need to install the “purestorage” Python library inside your site with “pip3 install purestorage”.
I had no time to build this special agent without this lib.

2 Likes

Without promising anything, we are currently looking into natively supporting this.
Keep an eye on the Werks.

1 Like

@andreas-doehler I pulled the mkp you added to github, works great against a X20R3 on Purity//FA 6.3.6.

Are there plans to modify parameters in WATO? Two of the readings are giving out false positives…

WARN Pure PSU CH0.PWR0 206.00 V (warn/crit below 210.00 V/190.00 V)
WARN Pure PSU CH0.PWR1 207.00 V (warn/crit below 210.00 V/190.00 V)

For now I can just write a ignore rule, but curious if there is a way to modify the warn/crit?

@robin.gierse will keep an eye out for werks, for now @andreas-doehler plugin works and could be lay out the foundation for the natively supported feature :slight_smile:

If you can sent the agent output as PM i will have a look at the data and what i can do.

Sent you a PM, thanks!

I ended up changing the levels_lower values in pure_fa_hw_psu.py and all good now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.