ARM Builds of cmk and agents

Add ARM Builds to make EE, ME and agents available for ARM computers, e.g. Raspberry PI.

Hi,
i use the .deb agent on quite a lot of raspberry pis form the first to the third model. Performancewise i see no benefit in running a cmk site on an rpi. I run multiple sites on APU boards which works but is not as responsible as on a intel nuc. While CRE was nearly unusable even in small environments on APU3 the CME with microcore works.

.deb on ARM? The i386 or AMD64 build?

My use case are “micro sites” with the CME. Currently I use this: https://github.com/chrisss404/check-mk-arm It works but it’s inconvenient.

APU3 - 200 € / Rapi3 65 € / Raspi3 with POE 85 €

This is the Agent I use: check-mk-agent_1.6.0p6-1_all.deb

The agent it self isn’t the problem, recently the update agent is:

file /usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/3600/cmk-update-agent

/usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/3600/cmk-update-agent: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=28ba79c778f7402713aec6af319ee0fbaf3a8014, stripped

This is why I do separate builds for i386 and AMD64 since I still have some i386 systems.

Hi mashescho,

for ARM and i386 agent builds we have the rule option Agent updater (Linux, Windows)/Executable format (Linux) -> Script

hey,

i would also love to see an arm build of the cee edition.
that way we could utilize the arm infrastructure from aws, which is cheaper than non arm based ec2 instances :slight_smile:

Migrated to the new feature portal: