AWS Agent & Dynamic Hosts Restricting

Hi,

Using CMK 2 (Managed Service Edition). We have multiple AWS Accounts that we want monitor under our Organization. I’ve added the second AWS account in the cloud services and hosts, but the service discovery comes out blank. Does CMK support multiple AWS accounts under a single customer, or am I doing something wrong?

The configuration of the AWS special agent has one set of credentials per rule. That means that you need to create multiple rules in that ruleset and assign them to different hosts in the conditions.

Basically you have one (dummy) host per AWS customer in the checkmk configuration.

That’s what I have. When I run the service discovery, it just comes back with ‘complete’ and no service discovered. I have a working AWS agent for my primary account, but the second one I’ve added isn’t picking anything up.

Have you tried running the special agent on the command line?

You can read its invocation from the output of cmk -D <hostname>.
You can add --debug and --verbose to its arguments.

1 Like

I just worked it out. the cmk -D output looked OK, but I noticed that I had the cost option turned on, and the API user for the AWS account doesn’t have billing read access. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.