AWS Agent installed, whats next?

CMK version:
2.1.0p11
OS version:
AWS
Error message:
None

Hi, all
I have installed the AWS special agent and seems connected, but …let say I would like to check all EC2 server status… how can I do that?

Now you need to follow Chapter 4.4 Monitoring Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Thanks for the information, I have read that many many times but have no clues…any info/sources?

Which Edition of CMK you have ?

If you’re using the enterprise edition, the easiest way might be to use “Dynamic Host Management” (read more here) and create a connector for AWS. Should look something like this:

it makes use of the Piggyback principle, which is also the way to get your EC2 data into Checkmk

EDIT: Just saw on your profile that you’re using the Raw Edition. Then you still can use Piggyback, just can’t use the DCD, but need to go a (semi-)manual route.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, btw :slight_smile:

Version: 2.1.0p11 RAW edition.

I found some documents about the AWS settings, but many of them are for Enterprise Edition, hardly have some info about the RAW :expressionless:

Hi @warren8

I don’t really see what you mean. Anything in the docs that is not explicitly highlighted to apply to the Enterprise Edition only applies to the Raw Edition.

For example, the entire article on Piggyback - that’s all relevant for the raw edition (and the problem you are trying to solve).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.