Best way to monitor S2D - HyperV Cluster

Hi to all,

can anyone recommend me a way to monitor S2D / a hyperV Cluster?
I have seen some github scripts is this the best way?

This are the scripts that I have found:

Can anyone tell me where I have to insert this script?

I’m not a pro user using checkmk maybe someone can guide me through this process.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

for 2.1 there is Andreas check, I will migrate it to the 2.2 “API” in the next days…

1 Like

I installed the mkp file on the omd I see that the mkp hyperv_cluster 2.0 is enabled.
But how can I now monitor the hyper-v cluster?

Can you give me a hint?
Normaly I find the checks under other integrations but this time I cannot find anything:

The cluster data is fetched by Powershell scripts triggered by the checkmk Agent on the Cluster nodes, you can either bake them into a MSI package in the bakery or put them manually in the agents Plugin folder with the Raw Edition.

1 Like

Ok thank you, I was able to copy the files now manually (hyperv checks) into this path: /local/lib/check_mk/base/plugins/agent_based and they are now into this folder.

Can you provide me the next steps?
Or should I be able now to rescan the object and see the available checks?

I can’t find something helpful from the documentation.

Thank you @aeckstein

Hi Matthias,

a discovery of the hosts should be enough.
You can try to run the powershell scripts manually and see if they provide a valid output and you can see if the checkmk agent output contains the hyper_v sections e. g. <<<hyperv_cluster_general>>> .

1 Like

Hey @aeckstein,

sorry for my late answer on that, was in trouble with other stuff until yet.
I tried to run the powershell script manually (with and without admin credentials) and there I got this error:

So manually the powershell script doesn’t work.
For this reason the checks on checkmk site don’t work too.