Bookmarks not working / Login with local User not working after Update 2.1->2.2

CMK version:
2.2.0p6-cre

OS version:
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Release: 11
Codename: bullseye

Error message:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 134914

Before Updating to the newest 2.2.0p6 Version of CheckMK I had to disable an incompatible mkp for SonicWall.

Now every user sees the above mentioned error message about the bookmarks failing to load.

In the File mentioned in the Error Message, I could see, there’s a mentioning of a Service that comes from the SonicWall Plugin I disabled before.

But even when I try to edit out the part that mentions the sonicwall checkplugin (the whole curly bracket). It doesn’t change anything. The Error remiains the same.

I also encountered this error when I try to edit Usergroups in Setup->Users then edit a User and click on a Usergroup. (Which forwards me to this link http://[REMOVED]/main/check_mk/wato.py?edit=user&folder=&mode=edit_role)
I get the same error.

Now another very interesting thing:
If I use the local User I created with the installation of CheckMK (cmkadmin) (For our site the most users use LDAP btw) to log in, I instantly get this error after login:

and cannot continue any further

Anybody got an idea what I can do to remedy this?

Have you run chmod -R o+w $OMD_ROOT/var by any chance?

Someone might have done that long ago, i can’t tell.

But I made sure to set all the file permissions during the upgrade to the defaults provided by the checkmk upgrade installer whenever I got prompted.

The update process will not look into $OMD_ROOT/var/check_mk/web I would assume.
Remove all the world-write bits and try again.

1 Like

Hello Robert,

thank you so much for your input.
Setting 775 Permissions to the web Directory fixed everything for me.

grafik

You’ve been a great help!