[BUG] 1.6.0.p14 - Main memory usage (UNIX / Other Devices) - Levels for used memory

Hi there,

When I specify a rule “memory usage for unix / other devices” with the following parameters:

the check result looks like it is not using 82 MB as Warning value - it is using 820 mb. same for critical.

Anyone else with that issue ?

Kind regards,
Constantin

1 Like

What for system or OS are you using? Then maybe I can replicate the bug.
Secondly, can you check if your rule apply for this host? By checking the parameters, by clicking the 3 horizontal lines

Hi sirbaas,
yes of course :slight_smile:

support@monitoring:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
support@monitoring:~$ uname -a
Linux monitoring 4.15.0-112-generic #113-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 9 23:41:39 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Service performance data (source code) mem_used=793340928;867386081;899119718;0;1057787904

Kind regards,
Constantin

Sorry about the late reaction. I don’t have not the same result, maybe try tabula rasa?
I did use ubuntu 20.04, created new site, installed the agent, created the same parameters, added the host then there is the result

afbeelding

1 Like

Hey Sirbas,

well then it must be check related, because only the memory_used check from fortigate produces the wrong output:

Service check command check_mk-fortigate_memory_base
Service performance data (source code) mem_used=793340928;867386081;899119718;0;1057787904
Service custom attributes
ACTIONS Docu
Check manual (for Check_MK based checks) This check monitors the used memory on fortigate firewalls which support the FORTINET-FORTIGATE-MIB.

I forgot that I was running 1.6.0p10, rerun the test on p14. Same result

• Did you try " tabula rasa"?
  • Did you try “cmk --flush [HOST1 HOST2…] Flush all data of some or all hosts” to check if just the RRD is rong?
  • Did you update your agent?
  • Can you check if this maybe fix you error https://checkmk.com/check_mk-werks.php?werk_id=11303 ?

I think i can help a little bit to understand the behavior of the check.

The “fortigate_memory_base” is interpreting all parameter values as percent.
That’s it :slight_smile:
You have with the actual fortigate check no change to specify some free levels with MB.
@Constey - your 82 / 85 MB are interpreted as 82 / 85 % then also the values in your graph are right.

This is not a bug - only the check cannot handle other parameters than percent.

Well you’re right, got that :slight_smile: Then it’s not a bug, just the docs could be better :slight_smile:
merci beaucoup

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.