Bug Checkmk Datasource with "0" Value

Hello,

I have a problem with the new checkmk Datasource on Grafana when the value is “0”.

I didn’t have this problem with PNPNagios.

• Context:

Check_mk 2.0.0p11 RAW with pnpnagios and check_mk database
Check_mk 2.0.0p15 RAW with check_mk database
Grafana v8.2.3

• Test protocol:

I use manual script with 2 case, value=0 or value=42 (/usr/lib/check_mk_agent/local)

# ./test_bug_check_mk.sh 
0 Test_Bug status=0 test with 0

# ./test_bug_check_mk.sh 
42 Test_Bug status=42 test with 42
  • On check_mk, it’s ok:

• But on Grafana with Check_mk Datasource the 0 values are ignored, we don’t see check point:

So it’s a problem for me because, i usually use the 0 as referential on custom script.

• An other exemple with SLA :

When the service is Down, we have the 0 Value on check_mk.

Obviously, he cannot calculate because the zero is ignored.

I think the problem exist because on Grafana, the checkmk database have not the option “Fill” (as InfluxDB, pnpNagios…)

Usually with “Fill” we can choose “Zero, Null, Fill…”

As you see with PNPnagios and fill:Zero, the 0 value appear.

And now, I have not 0 value, and If I select “Connect null values” I would get a continuous line.

Do conclude, with PNPnagios, the graphic are the same on Check_mk and Grafana, but with Check_mk Datasource plugin, when the value is 0 we have not the same graphic.

So, do you have a tricks for that ? Or an update planned ?

Thank you for reading.

Regard.

There is a setting in Grafana — do not ask me where exactly — which lets you tell Grafana how to handle zero values. I think the data received by Grafana is fine, it is all about how Grafana handles it.

Hello,
In this case, it’s about CheckMK Datasource because we have not the “fill” option.

I can reproduce the probleme with InfluxDB and PNP Nagios.

Example with PNP nagios:

This is ok with this options (we have 0):

And now like Checmk datasource:

But yes, “normally” when you have a problem like that, you have to play with “fill : zero” and “Connect null values”.

But with CheckMK Datasource, I think “Fill : Fill” is default value, and we can’t change it.

Maybe it’s possible with “Transform” option, but I haven’t found it yet

Thank you.

An other Example:

Thank you.

Hello,
I try in other context.

As you can see, I have the same problem with CRITICAL, when I have 0, I lost the graph.

When I’m focus on Critical, we can see that :

And of course, If I want to see the last 5 min, I have “no data”.

However, for a Single Stat, I can fix it by “No value → 0”

But this options don’t works with Graph :

As you can see, I don’t see 0 Critical for the 5 last minutes on this graph.

Without the classical “fill : zero” on usually data base, I currently don’t find solution to have 0 on a Graph.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.