BUG: CMK Exchange - Unable to upload mkp packages to the exchange build with checkmk 2.1

Hi @ll,

i have a problem uploading mkp packages to the exchange that were created with checkmk 2.1.
I tried the builds with the docker containers 2.1p1 and 2.1p6.

It seems, that the info(.json) files in the mkp lack the num_files parameter.
If i upload the same package to a 2.0p26, and rebuild the mkp there, everything works fine.

The error message i receive during upload is : The structure of the file is invalid.

Any ideas ?

Andre

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem here. Help ?

At the moment it looks like only the workaround @aeckstein mentioned will help. Upload the mkp to a 2.0 instance and export the package again from there.

Maybe @baris.leenders can help here?

We’ll fix it in the next days.
It seems num_files is no longer required in 2.1. We either remove it completely as a required field or only make it required for MKP’s built on 2.0 or lower.

1 Like

thank you for the quick reply Baris !

We have removed the required property num_files. You should now be able to upload MKP’s created on Checkmk 2.1.x

1 Like

Nice, thank you @baris.leenders

Hello again –

Experiencing The structure of the file is invalid. error message, when trying to upload to exchange an MKP that was created with Checkmk 2.1 (p10).

MKP installs ok, and also manually un-tars ok.

However, this may also be due to my trying to update an existing MKP that is no longer maintained by the legacy author… cmk-apcupsd . If so I can start a separate thread per that.