BUG: No notification when state changes in cmcdump

CMK version: 2.1.0p9
OS version: Debian 20.04

Error message: No Message

When a cmcdump is used to get data from a remote site the central site, where it import is used, is not aware of status changes from dump to issue notifications. The state changes are shown correctly, but no notification will send.

How the notification is configured?

Sergey

Hi @ChristianM,
by design cmcdump is only a mirror of a remote site. With cmcdump we do not send notifications.

But maybe I understand that wrong?

BR
Anastasios

Hi.

In the documentation you will find this:

Since brief state changes – depending on the periodic interval selected on the central site – may not be visible, a notification through the central site is not ideal. If however the central site is utilized as a purely display site – as a central overview of all customers for example – this method definitely has its advantages.

So, from my point of view, there is no hint that notification would not work. I our planned environment, it’s importtant to have the problems as notification. We use an ITS Tool to omen tickets, also for the high secure remote environment. Only viewing makes no sence here,and that’s the only way to get this information outside the high secure env.

BT
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.