[BUG] "WATO Save & Test" gives an error after an upgrade from CEE 1.6.0p14 to CEE 1.6.0p15

I’ve just upgraded my CheckMK site from CEE1.6.0p14 to CEE 1.6.0p15. After doing this, when I use WATO to execute a “Save and Test” on any host I get an error:

“API Error:The text None is not a valid integer number.”

This error happens on any hosts which I tried. Some hosts use Windows agents, others are devices and use SNMP.

I downgraded back to 1.6.0p14 again, and the error no longer happened.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks.

Mike.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same behaviour/error with the CEE, as well with the RAW version p14 => p15 too. :expressionless:

Regards . Götz

I can also confirm this error.

Also here (Update 1.6p13 -> p15 CEE)
Fresh test site, too.

p16 also has the same problem…

1 Like

I have reported this as a bug, got the answer that the problem is known and in pipe for a fix.

5 Likes

Same on Ubuntu 20.04. I’ve downgraded to p14 again for now.

This problem don’t depend on the used edition or operating system.
The commit what broke the function is https://github.com/tribe29/checkmk/commit/7d7abee2d1e220f818f4ed46f7fd2649f16d4733

The problem is, if you use the “Save and Test” button there are no variables starting with “vs_host” and “vs_rules” but with the commit the “vs_rules” variables are mandatory.

Workaround (not really) - Press the “Save and Test” and then you can use directly the “Test” button on the test page. This button then also generates and transmit the missing parameters.

@LaMi - please take a look at this commit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint. Werk #11259 (https://checkmk.com/check_mk-werks.php?werk_id=11259) will fix this issue in version 1.6.0p17.

If you like, you can use all the following nightly builds, there the fix will be included.

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this issue.

Does anyone know when version 1.6.0p17 is due for release?

It is out since few days and works :wink:

1 Like

I updated my site 2 days ago, and can confirm this bug is fixed. Thanks to all.

Mike.

2 Likes

I was on 1.6.0p15 and i was seeing this error I just upgraded to 1.6.0p17.cee and I still seeing same error when adding host then “Save and Test”

Open Monitoring Distribution Version 1.6.0p17.cee

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.