Bulk event console rules/packs

Gents,

I’m preparing a POC for a customer that has several applications that will be sending messages to the Event Console. Works as expected. However, the number of rules that will be required for these application will be about 400 per application and change on a reguler basis. These new rules are delevered as excel sheet by the developers.

Is there any clever way to maintain the rule packs using scripts/api calls bases on some input format? It’s easy to convert a csv, but I have not found any possible automated solution…

Some “delete all” & “recreate based on new input” would be nice.

Hi,

the best way is to create the new packs and rules directly as a rule file. The structure of rule packs an rules, you will find in ~/etc/check_mk/mkeventd.d/wato/rules.mk
There is no API to do that. This is on your own risk, but it should be working.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I had found the rules.mk file and was in doubt wether or not it can be edited directly. For the proof of concept we will be adding some rules manually… for production we may need to do some clever scripting. It can wait I guess… but keep wondering how other sites do this with bi-weekly/continues application updates…

Thanx for the sugestion anyway.

Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.