Business Intelligence Aggregation and scheduled downtimes

Hey there,

I’m using a BI aggregation to -among other things- generate notifications on changes of that aggregation.
I do it via “Check State of BI Aggregation”. It works mostly as expected, but:

If I use the options for considering Scheduled Downtimes, it is not working as I would expect.

When there is a “problem 1” and a “problem 2” (in Critical od Warning state) in the aggregation and I activate a Scheduled Downtime for one of them, the overall Status of the service “Check State of BI Aggregation” changes to okay and it says:

Of course I activated the following parameter for that:

But if I deactive it, downtimes are totally ignored. (The third “warning option” is also not what I want.)

Is there any option to have the aggregation state checked like the “worst state of downtimes”?

An example for what I want to see:

1. Service 1 is critical & Service 2 is critical. Both are parts of the aggregation.
  2. I activate a scheduled downtime for Service 1.
  3. “Check State of BI Aggregation” stays CRIT because there is still one critical and “unhandled” service left. (better: critical and without downtime)
  4. I activate a scheduled downtime for Service 2
  5. “Check State of BI Aggregation” changes to OK because there aren’t any “unhandled” services left.

I hope you understand what I mean. I think there must be a way, but at the moment I just don’t see it.
Actually it’s the same problem for acknowledgements, but I set focus on the aggregation states here in the first place.

Thanks and kind regards
Manuel

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.