Can I put cmcdump-hosts into hostgroups and folders?

We are using livedump to monitor hosts behind a one-way connection. Our problem is that we can not put the hosts into hostgroups or organize them in folders. Would that be possible if we used cmcdump insted of livedump?

1 Like

For hostgroups you need to extend the cmcdump that it also outputs the existing hostgroups in a way you can use on the central server. I think this is not so easy.

The folder problem should be not so complicated.
Inside the cmcdump data you have all the custom variables and they also contain the folder where the host “lives” on the source machine. If the same folder exists on your central system, then you should see the remote host inside this folder on the central system.

2 Likes

Hostgroups sync for us. Make sure your updating your configuration file that you send to your “master” host that is getting the cmcdump data.

I think your out of luck on the folders though. Folders are a construct in WATO not the monitoring core

1 Like

So, one says folder structures are working and the other one says it’s not working

I have tried to set things up - but w/o success.

The folders on the central mon have the same syntax than the ones on the remote site but still, the monitored hosts are not showing up in the folders.

Could u specifiy your setup? Maybe I’m missing some point in my configuration

Ok i only looked at the generated shadow host config. There is no explicit hostgroup section. The CMC extracted the group names automatically from the shadow host config.

It is working :slight_smile:
Inside the shadow host config you can search for on host and you should find the “custom variable” → “FILENAME”. Here you see the complete path to the host.mk for for this host.

Example

FILENAME: ‘/wato/server/dmz/hosts.mk’

If you now create a wato folder with only “server” as name and one with “dmz” as subfolder you should see the shadow hosts inside this folder inside CMK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.