Can the Ansible Collection handle site updates?

Very nice collection, Robin!

Is it possible to handle updates to the Check_MK Server Instance with the Ansible collection?
I’m going to need this for our infrastructure, as we’re planning to remotely update the Sites with Ansible.

Specifically, I’m looking for “omd backup”, “omd update” and all of this automatically.

Kind regards

There are update tasks in the role, but there is no full example in the docs with all the neccessary parameters. I’m currently testing the role and plan to extend it (one more time).

@Noah yes, you can perform upgrades on sites with the collection, and you can also run a backup in advance. Please just keep in mind, that you want to test in advance and verify the upgrades afterwards, as the server role cannot catch all notices and warnings issued by the upgrade process.

P.S.: I split of the conversation to not spam the release post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for splitting, I didn’t know better. I suppose that this would be the correct way to handle upgrades with Ansible, isn’t it? We’re still in the pre-starting phase, as this Project will kick off sometime in 2024. With the Result, we want to handle the Updates of the base system and Check MK via Ansible, as far as I read, this would be the correct way to handle such cases.

No worries, that’s what we are here for. :slight_smile:

Yes, try the server role from the collection, it should have you covered.

1 Like